Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
Prescription drugs are an excellent tool for combating various medical disorders when appropriately used under the direction of a doctor. Though they are legal to take without a prescription, many people purchase prescription drugs illegally or take a higher dose than prescribed. This process has led thousands of people to prescription drug addiction.
Some people have the illusion that because prescription drugs are legal, they’re not dangerous to take. When misused, prescription medication can create a physical dependency. At DreamLife Recovery, we offer prescription drug rehab in the Pittsburgh area.
What Are Prescription Drugs? +
Prescription medication can include a wide range of drugs. Prescription drugs with abuse potential include painkillers, anxiety medication or ADHD pills. The most common addictive prescription drugs include benzodiazepines, stimulants, sedatives and opioids.
Depending on the type of medication, prescription drugs work by sending signals to the brain that release dopamine. This “happy chemical” can provide feelings of relaxation or euphoria, leading users to take more for a greater high. Over time, this can increase your tolerance and lead to side effects or addiction. As with many substance use disorders, prescription drug addiction can put someone at a high risk of coma or death.
Signs of Prescription Drug Addiction +
Prescription medication is meant to help individuals with their pain, but there can be harmful side effects when misused. If you or a loved one struggles with prescription drug addiction, you might notice any of the following symptoms:
- High body temperature or blood pressure
- Rapid heart rate
- Fatigue or slowed breathing
- Poor concentration
- Hostility or irritability
- Poor decision making
- Forging, stealing or requesting additional prescriptions
Our Prescription Medication Treatment Program +
At DreamLife Recovery, we help treat the root of prescription pill addiction through comprehensive care. Our in-house team of medical professionals and therapists helps with every aspect of your recovery. Our individualized approach to prescription drug rehab provides exactly what you need based on your experience.
When you stay at our prescription pill rehab center, you can expect a personalized schedule that focuses on all the factors of your recovery. Here’s what prescription drug addiction treatment typically looks like at DreamLife Recovery:
- Detox: The first step of any prescription medication rehab is detox. This process gives you time to cleanse your body of its physical dependency on the drug. We may recommend medication-assisted treatment for patients at risk of life-threatening detox.
- Individual therapy: Part of your treatment plan will include one-on-one therapy sessions with one of our licensed therapists. This time can help you identify the root causes of your addiction and address any co-occurring disorders.
- Additional counseling or activities: The rest of your daily schedule may include a range of group or individual activities to assist with your recovery. We offer group counseling sessions, adventure therapy and even yoga classes to help you calm your mind and body.
- Aftercare planning: Your stay at our rehab center is temporary, but sobriety is a lifelong goal. To help you prepare for a new lifestyle, we use discharge and aftercare planning as a resource for your first year post-treatment.
- Alumni program: As a DreamLife Recovery alumnus, you are always welcome to our ongoing support network. Alumni can connect after treatment to help each other prevent relapse or share resources for recovery.
Why Choose DreamLife Recovery for Prescription Medication Rehab? +
At DreamLife Recovery, we take the appropriate steps to address your treatment needs. Our team is at your side throughout the highs and lows of recovery. We treat your prescription drug addiction through research-driven methods so you can take back control of your life.
Sobriety is an ongoing challenge for many patients, so we give you the tools to continue with confidence and strength. Our support system will be here for you long after your treatment. When you choose DreamLife Recovery for prescription drug rehab, you can experience comfortable, compassionate care.
Prescription Drug Rehab in Donegal, Pennsylvania +
Prescription drug addiction may take from you more than it will ever give. When you choose to seek the help you deserve, you can change your life. Though it’s not easy to recover, we provide effective prescription medication rehab treatment.
To learn whether your insurance plan may cover your treatment, you can contact your provider or discuss it with our admissions team. If you’re interested in getting help, please call us at 844-402-3592 or reach out to us online for more information.