Methadone Rehab Treatment
Patients in Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) can use methadone to support their addiction recovery. Methadone is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved medication for MAT programs. The medication is an excellent option to relieve withdrawal symptoms throughout your detox.
At DreamLife Recovery, we consider methadone step one. We recommend methadone primarily for patients at risk of life-threatening substance withdrawal. When handled with care, methadone can be an incredibly effective tool. We offer a methadone detox rehab program for patients who need additional help maintaining their recovery.
What Is Methadone? +
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist, or a medication that blocks the effect of heroin or other narcotics on the brain. Since methadone is similar to the opioids it aims to detox, patients only take methadone under a doctor’s supervision. With the proper dosage and treatment, methadone can help you recover from addiction with fewer cravings and symptoms.
In a methadone MAT program, a medical professional will administer a pill, liquid or wafer. Your doctor will check the methadone levels in your system to prevent dependence while managing your withdrawal. Your methadone dosage may be spread out over at least 12 months, depending on your needs.
Methadone in Medication-Assisted Treatment +
Medication-assisted treatment simply adds another step to your personalized program. In our methadone rehab program, you can begin lifelong recovery alongside our licensed, professional team. These medical professionals are well-versed in safe, legal MAT methods.
We may recommend an inpatient methadone detox if you are at risk of a painful or life-threatening withdrawal. Patients choose MAT with methadone because it can:
- Reduce cravings: Methadone helps your brain acclimate to sobriety by slowly easing out of withdrawal. This process is beneficial for patients who want to decrease cravings.
- Improve retention: When patients see and feel results, they are more likely to stay. A methadone rehab program can encourage patients to see the prospect of lifelong sobriety.
- Increase patient survival rate: Opioid overdose deaths have increased over the last few years. We do our best to decrease this statistic by helping patients properly detox and reducing the chance of relapse through MAT.
Our Methadone Inpatient Treatment Program +
At DreamLife Recovery, we tailor our program to your needs. Though methadone can help many patients detox, it is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Methadone is the first step toward lifelong sobriety. Here’s what else you can expect from your inpatient treatment:
- Intake and admission: Before you begin treatment, we help you understand what the program will include with an intake assessment.
- Detox: If you start inpatient treatment, your first task will be detox. At this point, a doctor will discuss whether they think a methadone medication-assisted treatment is right for you.
- Case management plan: We use many treatment methods to find the best path for your healing process. Your schedule may include individual therapy, group counseling or dual diagnosis treatment.
- Aftercare: Sobriety is a lifelong journey, and we are here for you through it all. Our alumni program supports past patients throughout their recovery with the tools to continue their goals.
Why Choose DreamLife Recovery? +
Our team includes medical professionals, licensed counselors and expert staff members — all working to help you through treatment. We create an individualized program for every patient in recovery and give you the tools to succeed. Whether or not methadone is right for you, we find solutions to make your treatment manageable and productive.
When you stay at our treatment center, you have access to private amenities, specialized programs and trained staff. We provide a safe and comfortable space where you can begin rebuilding your life after addiction. Getting started may not be easy, but it will be the best decision you ever make.
Take the First Step Toward Recovery +
Recovery is a process, and methadone-assisted detox may be the best first step. We offer methadone rehab treatment through compassionate medical attention and care. At DreamLife Recovery, you are not alone on your journey. Visit our rehab center in the Pittsburgh area for effective, comprehensive medication-assisted treatment.
We can also guide you through the insurance verification process to help you learn more about the cost of your treatment. We accept many insurance plans so you can make your recovery a reality. Get started at DreamLife Recovery when you call 844-402-3592 or contact us online.