Medical detoxification is often a necessary first step for patients entering residential treatment. At DreamLife Recovery, our medical detoxification program weans patients off toxic substances through controlled medication. For many, medical detox is a life-saving procedure. This process, otherwise known as tapering, eliminates physical dependence and decreases withdrawal symptoms.
What Is Medical Detoxification? +
Many patients become physically dependent on a substance after a long period of consistent use. The medical detox process is a safer alternative to “cold turkey” detox, which could be painful for patients with severe addictions. At DreamLife Recovery, we offer medical detoxification for alcohol or drug treatment.
We provide inpatient medical detox to keep you safe throughout your substance withdrawal. This detox program stabilizes your body with a controlled dosage of FDA-approved medication. Depending on your recovery needs, we may recommend medical detox for addictions to alcohol, benzodiazepines, opioids or stimulants.
What Is Included in a Medical Detoxification Program? +
The most sisgnificant consideration in a medical detoxification program is the type of medication we administer. Your prescription, dosage and time spent in detox will depend on your individual needs. These factors may include how recent your last use was or how long you’ve had a substance use disorder. Types of medication for assisted detox may include methadone, naltrexone, buprenorphine or acamprosate.
Once we decide on your medication, we get started with the detox process. Here’s what you can typically expect from our inpatient medical detox program:
- Medication administered by licensed staff only
- Access to 24-hour care
- Screening for co-occurring disorders or other medical considerations
- Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks detox period
Why Do We Offer Inpatient Medical Detox? +
There are many common misconceptions about drug or alcohol detoxification with medication. Some people may think that it substitutes one drug for another or that it’s an end-all-be-all for addiction treatment. Neither assumptions are correct.
Medical detoxification addresses physical dependence on a substance and lays the foundation for ongoing treatment. We offer medical detox as the first step for inpatient rehab because it can:
- Reduce painful symptoms: Withdrawal symptoms can include anything from nausea to seizures. Medical detox can ease patients out of their dependence with fewer harmful symptoms.
- Decrease cravings: Detox medications block the brain’s receptors to a typical high so patients can experience fewer cravings.
- Increase treatment retention: Medical detox is step one of lifelong recovery. We see higher treatment retention rates when patients experience a more comfortable withdrawal.
- Tackle the root of addiction: The root of addiction is far deeper than physical dependence, so we use this time to address any psychological needs.
A Typical Stay at Our Inpatient Medical Detox Facility +
At DreamLife Recovery, we provide effective medical detoxification near you as the first step toward recovery. As a fully accredited treatment center, we go beyond the detox process to provide complete rehabilitation. After your medical detoxification, we begin a personalized recovery program.
Here’s what you can expect from our residential treatment program post-detox:
- Individualized therapy: Addressing your individual needs comes from personalized treatment. You can meet with any of our therapists for one-on-one, judgment-free discussions.
- Group support: Part of residential recovery is having access to a group of people in similar situations. Group counseling sessions can help remind you that you are not alone in your sobriety journey.
- Building amenities: Our treatment facility is well-equipped with everything you need to feel comfortable. Enjoy amenities like a private bedroom, gym and yoga classes.
- Aftercare planning: We offer the support you need to stay true to your sobriety goals. We know it’s not an easy task, so we provide aftercare planning sessions and alumni resources.
Choose DreamLife Recovery for Expert Assisted Medical Detoxification +
Addiction treatment and recovery are challenging, so we aim to make it as comfortable as possible. At DreamLife Recovery, sobriety is not a box you can check off your to-do list — it is a process. With our medical detox rehab services in your area, you can take the first step toward lifelong sobriety.
We want you to access quality, professional treatment regardless of the cost. Talk with our admissions team or your insurance provider to learn more about our in-network coverage. If you are interested in getting started with medical detoxification, we accept admissions 24/7/365. Call us at 844-402-3592 or connect with us online to get the help you deserve.